Top Stories

Random News

ESPN.com Headlines

Bill Simmons

His Most Popular Deals

Her Most Popular Deals

Gossip

Movie and TV News

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Pining for President Palmer: Bush's Interview on 60 Minutes


If you were preparing for the 24 Season 6 Premiere rather than watching 60 Minutes, I really can't blame you. I have been a huge fan since college, when I stayed up until 4:00 AM daily for a week straight watching Season 1 on DVD with my roommates. I remember recognizing Jack Bauer as a true badass, as anyone who has watched a single episode of 24 rightly should. I also recall being a bit jealous of the fictional U.S. nation the show portrayed because of its honorable President David Palmer. President Palmer was well-spoken, giving inspirational speeches week after week, or rather, hour after hour. He had to make several controversial decisions - granting Nina multiple pardons and allowing the murder of ball-busting CTU Regional Director Chappelle. But he always had the good of the American people in his heart. President Palmer had to make some tough calls, but he made them with such confidence and dignity that I supported him.

Unfortunately, I had to snap out of my fantasy world and return to a nation run by a president that has started a seemingly endless war and has already spent 365 days of his two terms at Camp David. Yes, you read that right; Bush has spent one full year of his six years as Commander-in-Chief unwinding at the Presidential Retreat.

So when I heard that 60 Minutes was showing a one-on-one interview of President Bush, I had to watch. I wanted to see what he had to say for himself and his War on Terror in 2007. Plus, I had already seen all four hours of the 24 premiere (I got the hookup!).

You can read a full transcript of the interview or watch the video using the link below. I would recommend watching the clip simply for his reaction to the comments on his popularity and stubbornness. High comedy.

Palmer in '08.

Well, I guess Obama in '08 is close enough.

Full Transcript of President Bush Interview

No comments: